View Post

When Game Is More Than A Game

For the past 30 years family and friends have been playing a two-hand touch football game that has brought generations together even if for just one day. read this: SOURCE

The Bronx: Always Getting Shafted!

It seems that little attention has ever been paid to how the crime rates in some parts of our Bronx borough were reported. Though this might not be a big issue to some, it is a major issue for the residents of Hunts Point and Longwood who unfortunately pay higher insurance premiums for being depicted as “higher crime areas.” Though …

Bronx GPO Sale Not Done Deal Just Yet!

Congress wants delay in selling of historic post offices until federal report is completed By Anna Hiatt, Updated: Monday, January 20, 6:52 PM NEW YORK — The U.S. Postal Service is facing entrenched resistance to its selling of historic post offices, with lawmakers inserting their call for a moratorium on the sales in the recently passed omnibus spending bill.

View Post

Community Undecided on Soccer Stadium for The South Bronx?

Here we go again. Another big project being proposed for the South Bronx. This one, a Soccer stadium near the present Yankee stadium (also used for other major sports games and events) will make this area of the South Bronx a sports haven for those that only look at the sports and business side. However, the area has a high …

​DeBlasio’s Appointment of Carrión Is A Good Sign Of A Progressive Mayor.

The appointment of Gladys Carrión as Commissioner of Children’s Services is a positive appointment by mayor elect, Bill DeBlasio. Her credentials are perfect for the position of being a watchdog for New York’s less vocal, the children of this city. However her credentials are better and much more progressive than it reads on the press release sent out by the …

View Post

Fighting To Protect Our Post Offices

When we listen to the daily news reports one would hardly know that there is a subtle movement to close many of our Post Offices, yes these public service institutions are being closed, and many of the historic buildings being sold to private developers.  Some might go as far and say that this seems to be part of a bigger …

View Post

Who Really Killed This 14 Yr. Old?

This weekend we heard about another tragedy in my hood. A 14 year old African American youth was shot and killed by a white police officer. My first reaction was thinking about another case of police brutality. However, after reviewing all the facts I believe that this young man was killed by more than a bullet from a cop. he …

Poverty In The Bronx

I have spent a lot of time walking the streets of the South Bronx. I have lived here since I was four years old and you could imagine, I have been there and back when it comes to my neighborhood. However, since running for City Council I have not just been walking the streets, I have also been stopping and …